Friday, March 20, 2009

Rockin' Good Time!!

So on Wednesday night.....3/18/09.....me and my sisters (Brenda, Angela, Emily) went to the Thriving Ivory concert at the Murray Theater. I have to say that it was a pretty cool venue for a concert. It wasn't too crowded and it was kinda small so you could actually see the band pretty good. They had 3 opening bands!!! I haven't ever been to a concert that had 3 bands open for them. Because of that it ended up being kinda long.....but totally worth it. It was general admission so we were standing the whole time except between bands and my lazy ass pulled up the floor. The first band is from Utah, Salt Lake I think and they were called Mury. We all pretty much liked their music.
The second band was called Company of Thieves and they were from Chicago. It was a chic singer and she had a unique and awesome voice. Not really my type of music though. She was awesome on stage though. Even though I didn't love their type of music I thought she was fun to watch and she really got into it.
The third band was called of State of Shock and they were from Canada. The picture on the left is of them. WOW! I really really really liked them. Brenda was the only smart one who brought money into the concert so she purchased their CD. We immediately uploaded it to our pods and I've been listening to them non stop since....haha! The lead singer of this band was really good at getting the crowd involved and was a lot of fun too. During on of their songs called "Too Pretty" he laid down on the stage and put his head in his hands. It fit the song and was funny.
Finally......Thriving Ivory......the band we were there to see!!!!!! The singer of this band has an awesomely unique voice. I love it! I've been loving their music for a while now and have one song as a ring tone on my phone. It was so much fun because everyone was so excited when they came on that they were rockin' out harder. Their most popular song is called "Angels on the Moon" and when they played that everyone screamed in excitement. I love going to concerts. It's just a fun environment and sometimes makes me like the music even more. After the concert was over we hit Denny's because we were all starving! We were so deaf that we were kinda yelling just to hear each other. It was a good time. I'm glad I have sisters that have the same good taste in music as I do!!!!

No comments: